Welcome to The Winns Primary School
"This is a good school...a happy and supportive environment in which to learn."
"Pupils enjoy being in school and display positive attitudes to learning." (Ofsted, March 2012)
To read the full Ofsted report click here.
Please take a little time to look around as the website is designed to provide you with essential information about the school. Try to visit regularly as new items are added to the site all the time.
If you are new to the school please remember that the website is designed to introduce you to the school but it is no substitute for a personal visit. We welcome visitors so if you can spare the time please see the Parents page to find out when the next tour date is scheduled. We look forward to meeting you soon.
Our Mission is to ensure that:
- Through quality teaching there will be quality learning.
- The development of the whole child is achieved by caring for them as individuals and caring about their learning.
- Diversity and difference are shared and celebrated.
- Children are supported and challenged to help them achieve their potential.
The latest menus for school lunches have been added to the Parents page.
Class Assemblies start in January 2013. Every class will hold their own assembly and invite their families along to watch. Go to the Diary page to find out when your child's class assembly will be taking place.
Thank you to everybody who came along and supported the Christmas Fair. It was very busy and everybody had lots of fun. We are thrilled to report that over £1600 was raised. Photos from the Fair have been added to the Gallery page. Thank you to the PSA for organising and running such an amazing event.
The school's Parents Staff Association now have their own page on the website. Details of all forthcoming PSA events, what the PSA is and how you can become involved can be found there.
Details of how to apply for a child's place at The Winns Primary School have been added to the Parents page.
You can now get updates from the school on Facebook. Click here to be taken our new Facebook page.
Our simple rules are
- We are gentle
- We are kind and helpful
- We listen
- We are honest
- We work hard
- We look after property
- “"This is a good school...a happy and supportive environment in which to learn."”
- “Teaching is good and pupils make better than expected progress.”
- “Pupils are keen to explain what they are learning in lessons and feel pride once they have mastered a new skill.”
- “Parents and carers hold very positive views of the education The Winns provides for their children.”
- “The curriculum is good and children make good progress.”
- “The curriculum offers imaginative opportunities for pupils to practise their Literacy skills across a range of subjects.”
- “In writing, pupils perform significantly better than their counterparts nationally.”
- “The governing body plays an active role in the life of the school.”
- “Pupils are able to empathise with others and reflect on moral issues.”
- “"Pupils enjoy being in school and display positive attitudes to learning."”