Welcome to The Winns Primary School
"This is a good school...a happy and supportive environment in which to learn."
"Pupils enjoy being in school and display positive attitudes to learning." (Ofsted, March 2012)
To read the full Ofsted report click here.
Please take a little time to look around as the website is designed to provide you with essential information about the school. Try to visit regularly as new items are added to the site all the time. A detailed breakdown of what you can find on the website is set out below.
If you are new to the school please remember that the website is designed to introduce you to the school but it is no substitute for a personal visit. We welcome visitors so if you can spare the time please see the Parents page to find out when the next tour date is scheduled. We look forward to meeting you soon.
|News||The Winns Weekly, the school's weekly newsletter, is published here.|
|Diary||Term and Class Assembly dates.|
|Who's Who?||Find out who the staff at Winns are and what they do.|
|Curriculum||Details of what is taught in each of the year groups.|
|School Day||The timings of the school day for each part of the school are here.|
|Gallery||Photographs of school events and the children's work are displayed here.|
|Parents||Information for parents including S.E.N. arrangements, menus and lots more.|
|Pupil Performance||Information on how well our pupils perform academically.|
|Contact||How to get in touch with the school.|
|P.S.A.||Information about the school's P.S.A. activities and how to become involved.|
Our Mission is to ensure that:
Through quality teaching there will be quality learning.
The development of the whole child is achieved by caring for them as individuals and caring about their learning.
Diversity and difference are shared and celebrated.
Children are supported and challenged to help them achieve their potential.
This Friday, 15th November, is a busy day in school. To raise funds for Children in Need, we are inviting the children and staff to donate 50p and bring their teddy to school. In the afternoon the P.S.A. are holding their third Book Swap event. The children are invited to bring up to 3 books to school which they can swap for a different book to take home. Please ensure the donated books are in good condition and are no longer wanted at home.
Details of upcoming P.S.A. events, including the Christmas Fair, have been added to the P.S.A. page.
The dates for this year's Christmas performances and parties can be found on the Diary page.
Photographs of the redeveloped Quiet Area have been added to the Gallery page. It looks amazing!
Winns uniform is now sold exclusively at the school. Details can be found on the Parents page.
The school's Parents Staff Association now have their own page on the website. Details of all forthcoming PSA events, what the PSA is and how you can become involved can be found there.
Details of how to apply for a child's place at The Winns Primary School have been added to the Parents page.
You can get updates from the school on Facebook. Click here to be taken our Facebook page.
Our simple rules are
- We are gentle
- We are kind and helpful
- We listen
- We are honest
- We work hard
- We look after property
- “"This is a good school...a happy and supportive environment in which to learn."”
- “Teaching is good and pupils make better than expected progress.”
- “Pupils are keen to explain what they are learning in lessons and feel pride once they have mastered a new skill.”
- “Parents and carers hold very positive views of the education The Winns provides for their children.”
- “The curriculum is good and children make good progress.”
- “The curriculum offers imaginative opportunities for pupils to practise their Literacy skills across a range of subjects.”
- “In writing, pupils perform significantly better than their counterparts nationally.”
- “The governing body plays an active role in the life of the school.”
- “Pupils are able to empathise with others and reflect on moral issues.”
- “"Pupils enjoy being in school and display positive attitudes to learning."”