World Book Day 4th March
The Masked Reader
It is so lovely to see so many children in costume and talking about their favourite books on World Book Day.
Did you guess who the Masked Readers were?
Well done if you did.
The readers were:
1. Mr Millen was behind the Shrek mask reading Not Now Bernard.
2. Mr Jones was the pigeon on Westminster Bridge, reading an extract from Fantastic Mr Fox.
3. Miss Gordon was behind the lion mask reading The Lion Inside. Roaaaaaar!!
4. Poor Old Rabbit was read by Miss Philips.
5. The Tiger Who Came to Tea was read by Katerina from the Nursery.
6. Our teacher hiding behind the Smurf mask reading Dear Zoo was Miss Cranfield.
7. The mysterious green-haired masked reader sharing Elephant Wellyphant was Miss Brusniak.
8. Finally, showing of her dancing moves as a piece of broccoli was Miss Brady.
Can you guess the member of staff reading behind the mask on our clips below? All will be revealed on World Book Day on Thursday 4th March at midday.
'Who's Behind The Mask?'
The Masked Reader No 1
The Masked Reader No 2
The Masked Reader No 3
The Masked Reader No 4
The Masked Reader No 5
The Masked Reader No 6
The Masked Reader No 7
The Masked Reader No 8
Home Learning Information for The Winns Children and Families
Class meetings are taking place each day with live phonics lessons in Early Years. You will be sent a class Zoom link for each of these meetings. Children in years 1-6 should log into their Google Classroom account and check all work posted in the stream ready for the start of each meeting. All children are expected to attend Zoom meetings and to complete their remote learning each day. If your child is unwell please report their absence in the usual way.
If you are having difficulty accessing remote learning please make contact with teachers using the appropriate Year Group email. You can also call the school office. Our step-by-step video guide to setting up and accessing your child's Google Classroom account can be accessed by clicking here.
We use Google Classroom to enable pupils in years 1-6 to learn from home. Every child has a unique login. Google Classroom is a safe and secure solution for our children to access learning materials directly from their class teachers. This is to allow blended learning direct from their classrooms (where the curriculum is being taught to those who are in school) so that what children do at home matches what is happening at school.
Teachers hold daily Zoom meetings to answer any questions you may have about children's learning and give regular feedback on the work that is submitted.
Setting up Google Classroom - Guide for Parents
Please click here to see our Blended Learning Policy
Our Winns Covid-19 Catch-Up Premium Report can be found by clicking here.