The Winns School Uniform
We believe that school uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone. We believe that school uniform is important for the following reasons:
- It helps to foster a sense of belonging to the school community.
- It enables a child not only to identify with but also to be seen as a member of the school.
- It helps children to understand that school is important and should be taken seriously.
- It assures both parent and teacher that the child is wearing clothes that are smart and sensible, and helps remove the potential problems that fashion and competition could bring about.
The wearing of school uniform is a key school rule and our uniform code is strongly enforced. The way our children present themselves speaks volumes about the expectations of parents and the school. As we all have high expectations, we would like the wearing of uniform to reflect this.
Our school uniform is:
- Royal blue sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan
- White polo shirt, shirt or blouse
- Grey or black plain trousers, skirts or pinafore dresses. No jeans or jogging bottoms.
- Sensible dark shoes or black/dark trainers. No colour stripes or branding
- Summer dresses in blue / white check or candy stripe.
All school uniform with the school logo can be purchased through the school. Parents can pay using our online payment system or with cash.
Please submit and order form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments can be made using the School's payment system.
Clothes for PE are:
- Plain blue / black shorts
- Plain white T-shirt
- Plimsolls or trainers
- Jogging bottoms (for cold weather)
- Sweat shirt (no hoodies)
Please bring PE kit in a small PE bag. PE bags/Gym bags are available from the school.
We ask that PE kit is kept in school for at least a half term. If your child has long hair then for safety reasons and to prevent the spread of head lice we ask for it to be tied back.
Jewellery and Watches
Jewellery should not be worn to school as it is easily lost and can pose a safety problem where children come into close contact with each other and in practical activities. Ear studs only are permitted and any other type may be removed, especially if your child is doing PE.
Thank you for your support.